Happy Wednesday, everybody!
I am very excited to have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger award by the lovely Elisabeth. You can find her over at https://ebachmann15.wixsite.com/borninthe90s – check out her blog!
So, here’s what I have to do next..
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog.
My Nominations (in no particular order..)
Questions for Nominees
1. How did you choose your blog name?
2. What is your greatest ambition?
3. Where is the most exotic location you have travelled to?
4. What is your favourite book?
5. If you could be an animal for the day, what would it be?
6. When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably?
7. What is your drink of choice?
8. Which famous person, dead or alive, would you like to have lunch with?
9. What is your first childhood memory?
10. What is your favourite pizza topping?
11. Can money buy you happiness?
My Answers to Elisabeth’s Questions
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I have always loved to write, but lack confidence in my own abilities. However, as writer is my career of choice, I decided I needed a platform to promote my writing abilities, boost my confidence, and also as a reason to write more. So here I am!
2. If you could do anything, what would you do?
If this is related to work, I would love to be a published author. I would also like to run an animal sanctuary and rescue ill-treated and abandoned animals.
3. Where is the favorite place you have ever been?
I really liked Santorini, although only visited briefly on a day trip from Crete. But my heart lies in Abersoch, Wales, where I spent a huge part of my childhood.
4. What is the worst purchase you have ever made?
Back in 2016, I was at a crossroads in my career path (still am) and I decided to invest in a freelance journalism course. After paying for it, I discovered I just didn’t have the time or energy to invest in the course, which involved pretending to actually be a journalist. This involved interviewing people, chasing up quotes, etc. As a single parent working five days a week, I struggled from the start to keep up with the in-depth assignments, and gave up halfway through. My heart wasn’t in it, and I wish I’d thought properly about my circumstances before I enrolled on and committed to the course. Silly me.
5. What is the most interesting thing you have read or seen this week?
I just started reading Hide and Seek by Richard Jay Parker. Seems pretty gripping. I also watched the movie mother! with Jennifer Lawrence at the weekend. I wouldn’t describe it as interesting. More mind-bogglingly weird.
6. Who are your favorite musicians?
At the moment, my playlist consists of U2, Michael Kiwanuka, Alabama Shakes, Stereophonics, The Beatles, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, and The Who.
7. What is your favorite time of day?
I quite like early weekend mornings, when I can get up to a silent house and relax with a cup of tea and a book.
8. Coffee or tea? Why?
I prefer tea, because coffee gives me a headache. In all honesty, I’d love to be a dedicated coffee drinker, but I’m just not that into it.
9. What is your favorite animal and why?
I love all animals, but I would probably have to choose the cat. I can’t live without a cat in my life. I find them essential. They have all of the qualities that I admire in a friend – they are low-maintenance, cute to look at, and honest about their feelings. 💜
10. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
Hopefully working as a writer, a proofreader, or a full-time blogger. But whatever I end up doing, I hope to be happy.
11. What is your silliest story?
Years ago, I challenged my sister to a Malteser eating match. We both bought a packet of Maltesers and had to see who could fit the most Maltesers into their mouths. My sister managed to fit around 10 into her mouth, but I won! I crammed all 18 Maltesers in the packet into my mouth. My jaw was stretched to its limits and I couldn’t chew, or even breath very well, afterwards. But I won. 😂