After January’s epic record of blog posts in one month, and a fantastic start to 2018 blog-wise, February has admittedly been a little hit and miss. I’m going to blame it on the fact that it’s a shorter month, but in reality I’ve been juggling so many different balls that it’s been difficult to keep all of them up. Who knows what to prioritise, when there are so many different projects on my schedule.
I don’t feel as positive as I did last month, but my life is currently a turmoil, and I’m unable to concentrate on anything for very long. This I will blame on the full moon.
So let’s put things into perspective, and look at my recent achievements as well as my goals for March.
- My dad came to visit and I had a lovely weekend catching up with family and friends I haven’t seen in a while.
- I had my review at work and, following on from that, am changing my job role slightly to include different tasks. This is reassuring as I have become quite bored with the job role in recent months, and it has made me feel a little more positive about my career path within the company.
- I have rejuvenated my first blog Fragments of my Mind, which includes poetry from my Facebook page of the same name. This is to coincide with my new Instagram page showcasing my poetry. I am hoping to self-publish a book of poetry later in the year, so watch this space!
- My best friend Michelle came to stay for the weekend and we had a catch up. February has been quite a social month, for me anyway, which is probably another reason why I haven’t posted much! I do find socialising quite exhausting though, and part of me is glad that I’ve got it out of the way in one month (including my girls night out to Manchester at the end of January.) I can look forward to a few quiet months before the hoards descend on me again!
- I drove in the snow, and didn’t get stressed about it! This is a definite improvement.
Now I’ve written it all down, I really don’t appear to have achieved much this month, which is disappointing. But again, I will blame it on the fact that it’s been a shorter month!
Goals for March
- I went to the gym today. Yes, I really did! And I’m going to try to make it a regular thing. Yep, I’ve shocked myself! Seriously though, I need to exercise more and, surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it.
- I plan to continue writing my poetry and get my book in order. I’d like it to be 200 pages long, so I’m finding inspiration wherever I can. My new friend Lindsay has been a massive help. She self-published her book of poetry Wild is She last year, and I’m quite honestly in awe.
- I’m going to attempt to get back into the habit of blogging regularly, and also catch up on my letter writing. I’m quite woefully behind with this. I have no explanation for this as I do love to write, whether it’s blog posts, letters or poetry. So why I find it difficult to motivate myself to write a letter to my friends, I really don’t know.
- Apparently, changes are afoot at work and I am interested to discover where this will leave me. Hopefully in a better place than I have been so far!
I’m planning on taking baby steps in the first quarter of the year so I will keep it to 4 goals for March. Admittedly, the majority are quite significant and potentially life-changing goals, so there is that. But there is no point in expecting too much from myself, so I’m happy with the 4. Extra achievements will be an added bonus!
What are your goals for March?