I’ve literally just realised that it is well into May and that I am overdue posting a round-up of my achievements in April.
This is probably going to be a short post as I don’t feel like I’ve achieved anything. It’s just been one of those really busy months where you don’t actually do anything of real merit, but it has exhausted you anyway.
Plus, I haven’t been posting very much recently. Work is crazy and my head just hasn’t been in a happy, blogging place.
But I’ve been here before, and my monthly overviews generally help me to realise that my life has actually been progressing more than I initially thought. (I hope!)
So, here goes..
- My new website for my life coaching business is up-and-running and I have even posted some stuff. Only problem is, I have 1 subscriber so far, and literally no traffic. It is becoming a little disheartening and I’m not too sure what to do next. It is so easy to just give up, but I want this! My life is pretty jam-packed right now and I need the time and motivation to grab it by the balls and run with it. So this will be one of my goals.. if you fancy taking a look, you can find it over at http://www.ahappierlifeforyou.co.uk.
- Girly alert! I decided to get eyelash extensions, which I think is the most girly thing I have ever done. I’m one of those girls (women) who has a standard look – a bit of liquid eyeliner, concealer and mascara, and if I’m happy with it, I’m ready to go. My eyelashes though are really fine, and without mascara can look virtually invisible. I can’t apply fake eyelashes for love or money, but wanted to make my life a little bit easier, and also treat myself. Ok, so they aren’t cheap but they do look lovely. For once, I can wake up and be ready to go!!
- I painted my bedroom!! I find decorating to be a massive chore and have held off on painting my bedroom and the spare room. To be honest, I couldn’t really be bothered, and not many people see them so I didn’t see the point. But I had a tin of white emulsion left over from painting my son’s ceiling, and I just went for it one weekend. Looks miles better. Need some nice accessories now.
- I had a week off from work. Yay! This was an achievement because work is pretty hellish right now, and any time away from the place is a massive bonus to life in general, and also my mental health. I am becoming a little stressed out with it all. 😔
Told you. Not many achievements. I’m exhausted a lot of the time toiling away at a job I am beginning to hate, and I can’t see a respite in the near future.
But, let’s try to remain positive!
Goals for May
- I need to seriously look at my future with regards to my career. I can’t carry on working my backside off in a dead end job, so it is time to get off said backside and do something about it.
- I need to start working on my business and taking it seriously. I know it’s going to be hard work getting it off the ground, so I need to look at reducing some of my commitments. The only commitment I want to reduce is my job. So I’m in a bit of a predicament!
- Work on my website, IG and Facebook pages. I spend loads of time on my recreational Facebook pages but I need to concentrate on the stuff that I am hoping will make me money! Yeah, it’s fun to write poetry and post pretty pictures, but it ain’t making me a living! Sadly.
- Complete my coaching courses. Another thing I have fallen behind on. Once completed, I have been considering doing a course in business, so I know how to run one!
- Catch up with my friends. I’m feeling pretty social this month so have been arranging days and nights out with my closest pals. All work and no play makes Jo a dull girl!
- Post more on my blog! Goes without saying really, but with all of the above, will I really have the time?! 🤔
So, lots to do! Let’s hope my overview for May is more positive!
Have a fab weekend!